The Unit of Information Communication Technology (ICT) has the following functions.
Head of Unit: Dr. Isaac Kalumuna
These are to:
- Develop, maintain and review of ICT strategy, activities and operations Enforce standards and procedures pertaining to the application of ICT systems throughout the ministry
- Oversee, develop and implement a coordinated and integrated management information system
- Implement and maintain hardware and software infrastructure systems of the ministry
- Coordinate and provide technical support to end user of ICT systems solutions.
- Manage programming and database administration including management of central database, websites, Internet, intranet and webmail
- Ensure electronic security of sensitive and critical ministry systems.
- Promote and provide new ICT technologies awareness for ministry staff members
- Prepare specifications, test, approve, certify and register all ICT equipment of the Ministry