ICT Unit Functions
The Unit of Information Communication Technology (ICT) has the following functions. These are to:
1. Develop, maintain and review of ICT strategy, activities and operations
2. Enforce standards and procedures pertaining to the application of ICT systems throughout the ministry.
3. Oversee, develop and implement a coordinated and integrated management information system
4. Implement and maintain hardware and software infrastructure systems of the ministry
5. Coordinate and provide technical support to end user of ICT systems solutions.
6. Manage programming and database administration including management of central database, websites, Internet, intranet and webmail
7. Ensure electronic security of sensitive and critical ministry systems.
8. Promote and provide new ICT technologies awareness for ministry staff members
9. Prepare specifications , test, approve, certify and register all ICT equipment of the Ministry