Chief Internal Auditor: Mr. Mathias Abisai
Phone Number: +255 22 2126753
Fax Number: +255 22 2116600
Internal Audit Unit is responsible in ensuring that all systems controls, regulations and procedures are adequate and effective. The Unit is headed by the Chief Internal Auditor.
Activities of the Internal Audit Unit are as follows:
- To provide an independent and objective assurance to the Accounting Officer on the operations of the Ministry.
- To perform the Internal Audit work as a key component of the Ministry governance structure and in line with the International Internal Audit Standards and practices.
- To formulate and coordinate a comprehensive audit program including financial and compliance with pre audit; and provide financial consultancy services to management and staff.
- Develop and implement the Ministry's Strategic Internal Audit annual plan.
- Responsible for the identification and evaluation of organizational risk areas and oversee the development of the strategies to manage those risks